SagaBike 2011 is no turboturism-tour. Weather and nature is expected to make a deep impression, while the tourers are enjoying their life, sitting in a geothermal pool, viewing the midnight sun. The most circular-shaped halfling will do the first couple of weeks on his own, until the two others join him in the east-icelandic town of Egilsstaðir.
1. week: Reykjavík - Höfn (ca 490 km)
2. week: Höfn - Bakkafjörður (ca 415 km)
3. week: Bakkafjörður - Akureyri (ca 400 km)
4. week: Akureyri - Hólmavík (ca 500 km)
5. week: Hólmavík - Látrabjarg (ca 460 km)
6. week: Látrabjarg - Suðurströnd Snæfellsness (ca 490 km)
7. week: Snæfellsnes - Keflavík (ca 375 km)
This is just a rough overview of the tour. Weather, wind and will controls everything. Icelandic weather is deceitful, and the tour can look quite different when it's completed. Below, we will publish maps showing the actual route. Red dots are where we have camped, and pink line shows distances where we have taken bus.
June 13. to 15.
June 16. to 21.
June 26. to July 2.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.